TEXO Asset Integrity was commissioned to perform a visual and NDT inspections of pressure piping, onboard an operating semi-submersible drilling facility, deployed in the North Sea. Project delivery was a detailed reporting package, including isometric drawing creation and amendments.
TEXO Asset Integrity’s rope access teams can get to hard-to-reach areas and at height, where people cannot survey without expensive staging or scaffolding, so any follow up maintenance and repair is not known until the team arrive.
Texo Asset Integrity mobilised a multi-disciplined, rope access team, including the following skill sets.
- Multi-disciplined NDT Technicians for magnetic particle, dye penetrant, eddy current, ultrasonic testing wall thickness and welds.
- Rope Access Technicians and Supervisor (Levels 1-3).
- 6G Coded Welder/ Fabricator.
- OPITO Stage 3 Rigger.
- Fabric Maintenance Lead.
In addition to this, the team completed additional scopes of work identified by the asset team, including.
- MPI drilling bails, link adaptors and tension arms.
- CVI of Auxiliary Derrick brush brackets.
- Survey of exhaust degradation.
- MPI of crane hooks.
- ECI of samson post.
- UTM survey of Alimak frame structure.
- Removal of redundant crane rest.
- Assisted electrician with cable installation.
- Installed crane sheave guard.
This provided our Client with an integrated inspection, access and repair solution, all delivered whilst the asset was operational. This represented a significant ROI for the client compared with a traditional inspection only team.
Post project feedback from the client was outstanding, with excellent scores across the spectrum for the project delivery metrics.
Steve Moir, Operations Director of TEXO Asset Integrity said:
“I am extremely grateful to the team who executed this scope. Their professionalism, versality and positive attitudes enabled the safe, efficient completion on a varied range of work scopes. Again, this is an excellent example of our differentiated, multi-disciplined approach, providing a cost-effective service, ensuring minimal disruption to our clients operations.”
The TEXO team was experienced and knowledgeable, with a safe work attitude. They were flexible and excellent to work with.”
Technical Section Leader