James Fisher Nuclear is currently creating a base in Bower Caithness, Scotland, for an ongoing decommissioning project. Due to the isolated location of the facility and the current COVID restrictions, TEXO Workspace Solutions was asked to provide a workable solution to provide:
• Comfortable sleeping accommodation complete with washing/shower facilities.
• Welfare and recreation facility (a future project).
• Reduce installation time with modular options.
• “Plug and Play” modules to eliminate additional services within units.
We proposed using the 3000mm wide x 6000mm long modules from our European partner company ELA.
These modules are purpose-made and incorporate:
- 9sqm of sleeping accommodation area with carpeted flooring
- ¾ size bed, table, chair and storage lockers
- Black-out security blinds to the outside of full width windows
- 2Kw electric wall heater
- En-suite shower area with toilet, wash hand basin and shower, as well as a wall-mounted electric heater and anti-slip resin flooring
- Hot water boiler
- Entrance lobby with vinyl flooring and entrance mat.
- All doors lockable and supplied with three keys.
We have successfully supplied, delivered, and installed eight one-man hotel site accommodation units to James Fisher Nuclear at their site in Caithness to provide on-site sleeping accommodation for their personnel. The modules provide a cost-effective way, to provide site-based accommodation, serving as a place to live while working away from home. All eight modules were delivered to site within a single day complete with a pre-prepared fit out.